Southern Pacific 50' GARX Reefer # 51285
- A joint effort from General American and Evans Products, these AAR class bunkerless refrigerator cars were produced beginning in the early 1950s. Featuring two large horizontal panels flanking a 7’7” door, these cars had a very unique appearance due to the horizontal rivet strip that joined the panels. With fewer seams than a standard box car, these cars were supposed to be less prone to rust and leakage. By 1959, over 1,000 of these boxcars were produced.
- 8’ plug with separate latch bars
- Overhanging diagonal panel roofs
- Accurate postwar ends
- Accurate painting and printing
- AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Freight Car > refrigerator car > refrigerator car: mechanically cooled