National Railways of Mexico U30B #9744 with DCC & Sound
- Powered by a V16 FDL prime mover, the 3,000 h.p. U30B was GE’s answer to EMDs popular GP40 and ALCOs C430 Locomotive. A total of 295 U30Bs were built by GE between 1966 and 1975.
- This model represents a “phase 2” U30B locomotive. The primary spotting feature of phase 2 units was the hood below the radiator, which was evenly built out to the same width as the radiator. A U30B could be differentiated from the lower-horsepower U23B by the presence of two sets of four tall engine access doors near the center of the long hood. During production, the U30B was equipped with various trucks, including Blomberg trucks from EMD trade-in locomotives, AAR-style trucks, or GE’s own four-axle “FB2” truck.
- Norfolk & Western owned the most phase 2 U30Bs with a total of 75 units; all included a high short hood. Other major owners included C&O, Frisco and Western Pacific. While some U30Bs found homes on other railroads after being retired by their initial owner, very few examples of this model are still in service today.
- Snow plow (included when appropriate per road name)
- Separately-applied scale detail parts include: windshield wipers, metal grab irons, coupler cut levers, multiple-unit hoses, train line hoses, fine scale handrails, drop steps and more!
- Five pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Directional lighting with Golden-white LEDs
- Blackened metal wheels
- Special Features:
- Optional high short hood
- Optional low nose headlights
- Low nose cab with square or round headlight housing used where appropriate per road name
- AAR-B, FB-2 or Blomberg trucks used where appropriate per road name
- Atlas Master™ Series Gold Additional Features:
- Electronic Dual-Mode® Decoder (e-DMD) that allows your locomotive to run in DCC or traditional DC
- QSI® Quantum System™ Features Including: (Atlas Master Series Gold locomotives only)
- Dual speaker system
- Authentic diesel engine sounds
- Squealing brakes
- Doppler effect
- Air let-off in neutral
- Coupler impact sounds when operated with DCC
- Helper mode that mutes the whistle and bell for double heading
- And more!
- Note: Due to the higher starting voltage required to operate the sound system, it is not possible to MU a non-sound-equipped loco in DC (analog) mode
- AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Locomotive > Diesel Locomotive > GE (General Electric) > U30B
Found In Catalog:
Nacionales de México (Ferrocarriles Nacionales de México)
July 12, 2012
1. This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is limited to the quantity on hand.