Santa Fe C30-7 W/Paragon 2 Sound/DC/DCC # 8018
- A Brief Historical Overview of This Model
- General Electric introduced the first "Dash" line of diesels with the C30-7. Equipped with a 3,000 hp 16-cylinder diesel, it quickly found favor with several railroads and became a success for General Electric. The C30-7s are still in service today, though several have found their way to leasing companies from their first owners.
- The early production units had four windows on each side of the cab, but rules in 1980 for making windows "projectile resistant" eliminated the outer windows in later production and those same windows were filled in with sheet metal on the early units.
- BLI is offering both cab styles to match prototype needs.
- Industry-Leading Features:
- Product Information:
- All new Paragon2 sound and control system
- Integral DC/DCC dual mode decoder for ease of operation
- Industry best slow-speed operation in DC and DCC
- Prototypical light operation with headlight, cab light, and rear light
- Authentic GE C30-7 sounds! Controllable in DC and DCC.
- All-wheel drive and all-wheel electrical pick-up
- Operating knuckle couplers
- Factory installed engineer and fireman figures
- Near brass-caliber detail at a plastic price
- ABS plastic body with heavy die cast chassis for maximum tractive effort
- Precision gearing optimized for smooth operation
- 5-pole can motor with skew wound armature and dual fly wheels
- Separately Applied Handrails, Ladders, Whistle, and Brass Bell
- Locomotive Length: 9.7" (247mm) / Locomotive Weight: 16oz (456g) / Drawbar Pull: 2.5oz (70g)
- Will Operate on Code 70, 83, and 100 rail
- Recommended Minimum Radius: 18 inches
- Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce Paragon2: The new benchmark for premium HO sound-equipped locomotives. These DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the ALL-NEW Paragon2 sound and control system. Each Paragon2 locomotive comes with BLI's own integral DCC Decoder factory installed. Paragon2 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with: superb back EMF motor control in DC and DCC, recordable DCC operation for automated playback, the same detail level as the original Paragon Series, and the familiar sturdy maroon box!
- Industry-Leading SOUND Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Record & Play Operation - Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- 16-bit Sample Rate for exceptional high frequency sound clarity
- Choice of 3 selectable Horns
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Passenger Station Ambient Sounds - Controlled with Function Key
- Freight Yard Ambient Sounds - Controlled with Function Key
- Lumber Yard Ambient Sounds - Controlled with Function Key
- Farm Ambient Sounds - Controlled with Function Key
- Crew Radio Communications - Controlled with Function Key
- Maintenance Yard Ambient Sounds - Controlled with Function Key
- Demo Mode for display and demonstrations
- Grade Crossing Automatic Signal
- Simple Programming with Integral DCC Decoder
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
- EZ Reset Button for quick return to factory default settings
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Locomotive > Diesel Locomotive > GE (General Electric) > C30-7
Santa Fe (Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe)
1. This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is limited to the quantity on hand.