Self-Centering A.S.F.® A-3 Ride-Control® 50-Ton Trucks with 33" smooth back wheels (one pair)
“HGC” Two Piece Fully Equalized Trucks
Mounts with a #2 or 2-56 screw.
The A. S. Foundries® A-3 Ride Control® 50-ton freight truck was introduced in the 1940’s and is one of the forerunners of modern freight trucks. Features embodied into this design include a longer spring travel, no spring planks and constant friction control using friction castings in the bolster to dampen excessive lateral roll of the car. These design features allowed for a higher train speed with less danger of derailment than previous designs. ASF® sold over 140,000 sets by 1949. This truck is excellent for modeling the transition era up to 1994 when friction bearings were no longer allowed in interchange service.
- Code 110 (.110) 33" smooth back wheels
- “HGC” Weighs nearly the same as Metal Trucks
- Superior Rolling Ability.
- Brake Pads
- Accurate markings
- Incredible detail True to prototype
- Non-magnetic Metal Wheels
- Highly Flexible Fully Equalized Trucks
- Smooth tracking Free rolling Contoured Insulated Axles
- RP-25 Free rolling wheels
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Freight Car > freight car parts