EMD Lease SD70ACe #1205 with DCC & Sound
- EMD Demo/Lease – Blue/Silver
- Leader PTC Antenna Array
- New feature: Water sight glass
- SD70ACe AND SD70M-2 SPECIFIC FEATURES
• Correctly-sized operating ditch lights • Snowplow • Front and rear trainline air hose with silver tips • Multiple unit (MU) hoses with silver tips • Coupler cut bars • Train line air hoses • Flat or tapered front and rear anticlimbers • Safety tread on the walkways • Nose or cab mounted headlight • Standard or isolated cab • Windshield wipers • Tinted side windows • Mirrors • Detailed and painted cab interior with control stand, display screens, detailed crew seats and optional grade crossing camera • Airchime K5LLA horn with square or “tube” style mounting bracket • Large antenna dome • Small GPS antenna dome • Inverter box with original X-panels, X-panels with retrofitted louvers, factory louvers, late EMD large intake or retrofit large intake • See-through radiator fans • Etched dynamic brake grille and screen with appropriate grid detail underneath • Dynamic brake louver variations per prototype • Standard grille or Canadian-style “louver” dynamic brake intakes • Chicago Blower brand air blower visible behind the see-through grilles at the rear of the locomotive • Early or late hand brake housing and wheel • Early or Late Sander Brackets • Factory installed wire grab irons • Different jacking pads • Plumbing alongside the frame appropriate to the specific railroad and purchase order • Fuel tanks with single or dual fuel fillers • New version HTCR or HTSC trucks • Non-sound QuickPlug™ equipped with NMRA 8-pin and 9-pin DCC plugs • McHenry scale knuckle spring couplers • Minimum radius: 18” • Recommended radius: 22” SOUND EQUPPED MODELS ALSO FEATURE • Onboard DCC decoder with SoundTraxx Tsunami sound • Sound units operate in both DC and DCC • Full DCC functions available when operated in DCC mode • Engine, horn, and bell sounds work in DC • All functions NMRA compatible in DCC mode • Slow speed control • Program a multiple unit (MU) lashup with lead unit only horn, bell, and lights • Many functions can be altered via Configuration Value (CV) changes • CV chart included in the box PROTOTYPE SPECIFIC INFORMATION In order to meet stricter diesel locomotive emissions standards imposed by EPA Tier II regulations, EMD modified the SD70MAC to create the SD70ACe and SD70M-2. Each model is powered by a 16-cylinder, 4300-horsepower diesel engine. On the SD70M-2, the prime mover drives an alternator and produces AC current that is rectified to DC current, which powers the traction motors. On the SD70ACe, the DC current is then “chopped” back into AC to power the traction motors. Much of the external design is based on the SD90 series locomotives. Similar features include the full height nose door and rectangular windshields, the large flared radiators with two fans, and the positioning of the dynamic brake equipment at the rear of the long hood. In addition, the inverters were moved from inside the long hood to a box on the walkway behind the fireman’s side of the cab.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Locomotive > Diesel Locomotive > EMD (Electro-Motive Division) > SD70ACe (SD70AH)
demonstrator paint scheme for builder
1. This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is limited to the quantity on hand.