Railroad Rivals board game
Railroad Rivals is a fast-play tile drafting and laying game, where you build a Railroad Empire that stretches across America... and across your table.
While playing Railroad Rivals, you connect cities via one of the twelve great railroads that stretched across America, while simultaneously building your stock portfolio. You’ll then use those railroads to make deliveries to drive up the price of your stocks. At the end of the game, the player that has run the most profitable railroad while also owning the most valuable stocks will become the greatest of all of the Railroad Rivals!
Each turn you will draft one new city tile, and one new railroad stock tile. You will then lay one of your city tiles next to a city tile that is already on the table so that you create a link between the two cities. The matching edges must both have the same railroad on them.
Each newly laid city gets one or more randomly drawn colored cubes placed on it that represent the goods that can be delivered from that city. After all players have laid their city tile, you will deliver one goods cube using one of that city’s railroad links. This gives you points, and raises the value of that railroad stock.
At the end of the game, your score will be the total of all of the points that you received from deliveries, other players using your railroad links, and the value of all of your railroad stocks.
- 45-60 minutes
- 1-5 players
- Ages 8+
- All of the classic railroad game elements in a 45 minute game!:
- Build track and connect cities
- Pick up and deliver goods
- Build a portfolio of railroad stocks
- Own and operate some of the greatest American railroads of all time, including the B&O, ATSF, and The Burlington Route
- Classic tile drafting and tile laying mechanics drive the action
- Artwork by world renowned Disney artists: Brian Kesinger and Mark Page
- City Art by Architect/ Artist: Renato Imana
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Board Game