Chicago & North Western 48' Cushion Coil Car #39536
- In the early Sixties, Evans Products saw a need for specialized cars to transport coiled steel. The existing cars at the time were often 70-ton specially equipped mill gondolas. The new commodity-specific coil-steel car were built with a 100-ton capacity using a trough frame and body. The early designs were refined during the 1960s and eventually Evans adopted a 48-foot length as standard. Production lasted well into the 1970s.
- The Atlas 48-foot coil steel car is based on the Evans design of 1967 as well as being a close stand-in for the 1970s cars.
- Die-cast body
- Crisp painting and lettering
- Two removable rounded hoods with stacking frames
- Detailed wood lined trough floor
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Freight Car > coil car
Found In Catalog:
Chicago & North Western