The Model Railroader's Guide to Bridges & Trestles
Bridges are key elements of model railroad scenes! Understanding how real railroads use them, and how they’ve evolved, is important to realistically modeling them.
The Model Railroader’s Guide to Bridges and Trestles covers the history of various types of bridges, shows how they evolved in design and size, and explains how railroads choose the appropriate type of bridge to fit each situation.
The Model Railroader’s Guide to Bridges & Trestles is your one-stop source for information on real bridges. This book will guide you through the history of the various bridge types from the first days of railroading through today, showing older bridge types still in use, older bridge types that are now obsolete, and new concrete and steel designs.
This all-new book includes:
- The history of various types of bridges.
- How bridges have evolved in design and size.
- How bridges fit in with other related scenic elements.
- Many bridge types: Wood trestles, stone and concrete arches, culverts, wood and steel truss bridges, steel plate-girder bridges, and cantilevers.
- Information to help modelers choose appropriate bridges for the region, era, and type of railroad they model.
Improve your layout by learning how to model bridges accurately.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Book > Softcover Book
Number of Pages: