Santa Fe 85' Budd Pine Series 10-6 Sleeper
- (Real Metal Finish, Includes Decals)
- Relax in luxury aboard these WalthersProto Budd 85' Pine Series 10-6 Sleepers, a must-have for the combined Super Chief / El Capitan and other Santa Fe streamliners! As part of the road's sweeping plans for its postwar service, Santa Fe ordered 27 of these Budd-built cars, fitted with 10 new roomettes and six luxurious double-bedrooms. Many of these cars later served with Amtrak, and some are now privately owned. Ready for operation or display, features of this WalthersProto replica include:
- Real metal finish simulates stainless steel.
- Correct GSC 41-NDO Outside Swing Hanger trucks as used in the 1960s.
- Factory-installed grab irons.
- Prototypically accurate window tinting.
- Window gasket details as appropriate.
- Sprung operating diaphragms.
- Modeler-installed extended drawbars for 22" radius curves included.
- Turned metal RP-25 wheelsets and correct trucks with built-in electrical contacts.
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers.
- PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Passenger Car > sleeper
Santa Fe (Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe)