Santa Fe 50' PS 5277 Box Car #51560
- Model Features:
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run out of the box.
- Jewel box protects model for storage or display.
- Razor sharp painting and printing.
- Screw mounted trucks for accurate tracking.
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers.
- Operates on Code 55 and 80 rail.
- Minimum radius: 9 3/4”.
- Prototype and Background Information:
- It was the mid 1970s, and the incentive per diem box car boom was just beginning. New, brightly painted box cars seemed to appear overnight. Many were lettered for various short lines. Pullman Standard (PS) was a significant builder of many of these cars. The 50’ outside post, non-terminating end box car, became the foundation for new per diem cars built in the 1970s. The 50’ PS cars also varied in door configuration and style to better suit each customer. These models can still be seen today in the modern railroading scene.
- Coupler Style: McHenry Scale Knuckle
- Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
- Is Assembly Required: No
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Rolling Stock > Freight Car > boxcar
Found In Catalog:
Santa Fe (Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe)