Seaboard Coast Line U36B #1834 With ESU LokSound
- The horsepower race was in full swing by the late 1960s when GE introduced the 3,300hp, four-axle U33B locomotive. 137 units were produced between September 1967 and August 1970 when production ended. GE upped the horsepower ante in 1970 with the introduction of the 3,600hp U36B which was produced between May 1970 and December 1974. Both models were externally identical, and internally they were both powered by the same GE FDL-16 cylinder four-stroke engine. The horsepower increase was achieved through adjustments to the fuel rack settings and other internal component changes. One key spotting feature of both models was the built-out radiator “wings” on the long hood.
- Atlas’ U33B and U36B model is being offered in both an early and late phase. The early phase model includes flushmounted radiator screens and air intake screens on the long hood. In addition, there is a built-out area on the top of the front and rear pilots. Late phase models include corrugated radiator and air intake screens, with a flat pilot face. An optional separate electrical equipment box is included on the left side walkway behind the cab per the prototype. AAR-B or Blomberg trucks are used when appropriate.
- NEWLY UPGRADED CAB!
- Flush-mounted radiator screens and air intake screens on the long hood – early phase.
- Built-out area on the top of the front and rear pilots – early phase.
- Corrugated radiator and air intake screens, with a flat pilot face – late phase.
- Optional separate electrical equipment box will be included on the left side walkway behind the cab per the prototype.
- AAR-B or Blomberg trucks will be used when appropriate.
- Separately-applied scale detail parts include: windshield wipers, metal grab irons, coupler cut levers, multiple-unit hoses, train line hoses, fine scale handrails, drop steps and more!
- Five pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds.
- Directional lighting with Golden-white LEDs.
- Blackened metal wheels.
DCC Operation Features:
Sound Functionality Features:
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.
Made In: China
Product Condition: New
Product Type: Model Train > Locomotive > Diesel Locomotive > GE (General Electric) > U36B
Found In Catalog:
Seaboard Coast Line